Monday 13 August 2007

The price was paid

I think I paid the price yesterday for 'over doing it' on Saturday.

A morning of bed-shopping and a visit from Debs' Niece and Nephew yesterday were enough to ensure that I was consigned to the sofa, where I slept for the rest of the afternoon.

I had a great night's sleep, and today I feel a lot stronger, however I intend not to over-exert myself.

The vein in my left arm, the arm in which I had the cannula during my last visit, is still really sore - its become hard, and not squishy and soft like it used to be before all this started. The Doctor told me on Friday that I now have fibrosis in this vein. It just seems to me that I am constantly learning about new permanent side-effects I will have to live with. Oh well, as Debs says, I will just need to think of them as battle-scars. If that's the case, I already feel like a war veteran, except that this war has yet to finish.

2 comments:

tash said...

Hi bruv, just want you to know that both you & Debs are in my thoughts and prayers. I made a special dedication to you after my yoga practice this morning. Sending you light, love & infinite healing across the miles. All my love, hugs & kisses to both you & Debs, your sis, tashie, xx

Ralph said...

Hey Stu, its great to hear your updates and that you've managed to have some sort of normality between hospital visits. I'll be thinking of you for your last set treatment.

Take it easy

Ralph