Saturday 11 August 2007

Good to be out and about

I woke up this morning to my body and mind telling me that I feel great!

My new found vigour was amplified this morning courtesy of another encouraging 'get well' card from our good friends, Jo and John Crossfield. The words of the card struck just the right cord with me, and has contributed to me sustaining this elevated sense of well-being throughout the day.

I have learnt to feel appreciative of a day like this. Waking up these days has almost been like a lottery for me - never really being sure what my body would allow me to do, and what thoughts my mind would subject me to during the course of the day.

Its been a really warm day today, and I am thankful to Debs for encouraging me to take a walk down to the Sutton High Street with her. I left Debs at the hair-dressers and I continued my walk down the High Street, stopping at Starbucks to treat myself to a Frappacino. I figured this time next week I'll be back in the hospital, drugged-up to my eyeballs, so a little divergence in the diet was definitely in order.

I stopped in to visit my pal Marcus (my former neighbour) en route home, but he wasn't in.

I am back home now, watching England getting thrashed by India in cricket, and I feel really good that I was able to make the walk, both there and back, without so much as even breaking a sweat, or getting out of breath. Surely a good sign. I do feel a little tired though, but I guess that's to be expected. Nevertheless, my spirits remain high.

I am waiting for Debs to call to tell me that she is finished at the hairdressers, so that I can go and pick her up. From there we plan to do a quick supermarket shop.

Tonight we haven't figured out what we want to do. I think we may go out for an early dinner. I really want to capitalise while I am in this mood, and my energy levels are this good. I do, of course, run the risk that I will totally exhaust myself by the time the day is done. If so, that's fine, at least I would have had a taste of normality for an entire day.

No comments: