Thursday 30 August 2007

And so the big day has arrived..


...tomorrow is the day I have had my mind focused on since my treatment started a very long and blurry 12 weeks ago - its CT scan day!

Yip, tomorrow I will be walking into the Marsden Cancer Hospital with a totally different mind-set to every other time prior to it - tomorrow I will be willing on the return of my good health, rather than mentally preparing myself for 5 days of sheer physical torment.

There is a strong chance that I will know the results tomorrow, and to be honest, I am mentally prepared for all probabilities. Still, fingers crossed for the result that would have made the unpleasantness of the treatment all worthwhile.

The last week hasn't been a particularly good week in terms of recovery. I have felt weak, and have had a constant pounding in the head (which, I think, seems to have disappeared today).

The last two days I've been fortunate enough, though, to have had visits from three very close South African friends who are in town for a very brief period of time. To Mark, Kay, and Nicky, thanks guys, you have been a welcome distraction, bringing a lot of much needed fun and laughter at an important time leading up to my big day.

If ever your collective prayers and well wishes were needed, now would be that very time.

5 comments:

Jacques B said...

Hi Stu & Debs

My positive thoughts and well wishes are certainly with you and Debs on this important day to come. I only prayer that we will all be celebrating this time tomorrow!

All my best

Jacques

Unknown said...

Stu my twin!!!!

It was such a hoot spending time with you today, gossiping about old times and tackling mine and Bernies debauch minds....hehehe!!

You are looking simply fabulous babe! Healthy and strong with a positive & upbeat spirit about you. I have an incredibly good feeling about tomorrow and insh'allah you will be 100% fine.

Big kiss and God Bless U!
xxx

Mark N said...

Matey....I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I'm in the UK at the moment but I'm nowhere near London yet unfortunately.....I will however be in London for about 8 days from mid September....so get that special pinky finger ready for some Leffe beer drinking sessions ;)

You're the most annoyingly upbeat and positive person I know....and you make me realise what an arse I am worrying about crap sometimes :)

Dude...all the best (Lise sends a big Canadian hug to you both too).

Mooseman Markus

tash said...

Hi bruv, just so you know, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, but especially today - may God's will be done in your life. May God's Blessings & infinite healings surround you. Fondest love, hugs & kisses to both you & Debs, your sis, xx

Debby Gee said...

Well my amazing young man Stu... You are a true inspriation with your positivity and tremendous courage.. never met a bloke like ya!!! All our thoughts are with you. Ive told Joshua all about you and he is looking forward to meet this amazing friend of mine..
Sending you lots of positive energy and thoughts from south east to south west.
Loadsa love
Debs Simon and Joshua xxx